It was late November 1981 when Ed & Laurie David packed up their belongings and headed to Little Rock with three-week-old son Zachary to begin remodeling the building at 1615 Rebsamen Park Road (which would become the original home to The Faded Rose Restaurant). Being a New Orleans native, Ed was determined to bring an authentic New Orleans style neighborhood restaurant to Arkansas’ capital city.
‘The Rose’ officially opened its doors to the public on May 10, 1982.
Since day one, we have taken the utmost pride in offering the highest quality New Orleans style steaks and traditional Creole comfort food at reasonable prices. Other than expanding the menu and our family, not much has changed since the beginning. We still maintain the same philosophy as day one — work hard every day to make the food and service better than it was the day before.
We are still widely known for our complete steak dinners but are also renowned for our great New Orleans Creole and Cajun dishes. We continue to blend our own spice mixes, cut our own steaks and make our own sauces — right down to the in house made mayo!
It has been our pleasure to serve the great people of Arkansas and guests from around the world for over 30 years. We have truly been blessed with wonderful customers and hard-working, dedicated staff members over these many years.
From our family to yours… Thank you!
-Ed, Laurie, Zac, Sarah & Henry